A Blueprint Or A Bridge To Nowhere? CED’s Annual Analysis of the Budget Outlook
On February 28, 2012, the Committee for Economic Development hosted a webinar featuring a detailed analysis of the budget outlook and President Obama's 2013 budget by budget expert Joseph Minarik, Senior Vice President and Director of Research at CED.
In a troubling economy, the President's $3.8 trillion 2013 budget set forth his top legislative priorities, as well as cuts to programs and changes in tax policy. Dr. Minarik analyzed how this document could change the budget and economic outlook. The presentation explored the following questions:
- What is the outlook for the economy and the budget?
- How would the President's budget affect the economy, the deficit and the public debt?
- What are the prospects for the President's proposals in the deadlocked political environment?
- What approach, if any, could achieve progress in a dysfunctional Washington?
- How might the international financial crisis affect U.S. economic and budgetary prospects?