Fall Policy Conference: October 21-22, 2015, Washington D.C.
Thank you to all who attended CED's 2015 Fall Policy Conference, held in Washington D.C. at the Willard InterContinental Hotel.
2015 Fall Policy Conference Sessions:
- Competency-Based Education: Bringing Higher Education into the 21st Century
- 2% GDP Growth: The New Normal?
- Why Women Matter in the Boardroom
- Healthy Capitalism: Conquering Cronyism and Advancing Sustainable Growth
- Politics! An Early Look at the 2016 Elections
- Incident Response and Crisis Management Planning: Best Practices & Lessons Learned from a Large Scale Attack
- Cyber Risk: How Can Companies Incorporate Cyber-Risk and Cybersecurity Considerations into Existing Risk Management and Governance Structures?
- National Security and Cybersecurity
- Threat Intelligence and Information Sharing
The Leadership in the Nation's Interest Award
At CED's Fall Policy Conference, Gregg Sherrill, Chairman and CEO of Tenneco Inc., was presented with the 2015 Leadership in the Nation's Interest Award. The Leadership in the Nation’s Interest Award recognizes a corporate executive who leads his or her company with integrity and purpose, and champions policies for the common good. Gregg is most deserving of this award, as he has demonstrated principled leadership at the helm of Tenneco, and has been a long-time advocate of sound fiscal policies that address the nation’s escalating debt and generate robust economic growth.
Learn more about Mr. Sherrill and what makes him an exemplary business leader here.
Introduced by Nicholas Pinchuk
Nicholas T. Pinchuk, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Snap-on Incorporated, introduced Gregg Sherrill. Pinchuk was named President and Chief Operating Officer in April 2007, when he was also appointed to Snap-on’s board. He was elected as Chief Executive Officer in December 2007 and subsequently Chairman in April 2009. He joined Snap-on in 2002 as Senior Vice President and President of Snap-on’s Worldwide Commercial and Industrial Group.