Spring Policy Conference: April 13-14, 2016, Washington D.C.
CED's 2016 Spring Policy Conference took place on April 13-14 at the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington D.C. The two-day event convened national thought leaders from the business, policy, and academic sectors. Attendees heard insights on issues at the forefront of U.S. economic and educational priorities, with luncheons on both days and a breakfast forum on the second day.
• Economics of Alternative Energy
• Expanding Connectivity: The Importance of Internet Access
• Immigration Trends and the Future of the U.S. Workforce
• Equality of Opportunity: Why Business Should Care
• Investing in High-Quality Learning: Child Care as an Economic Driver
• Corporate Short-Termism: Asset Stewardship for Long-Term Value Creation
• Breaking Down the 2016 Elections
• Business and Higher Education Partnerships: Skilling the Workforce
The Leadership in the Nation's Interest Award
Richard J. Kramer
Rich Kramer, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, received the 2016 Leadership in the Nation's Interest Award for leading his company with the utmost integrity and purpose and championing public policies for the common good.
Learn more about Mr. Kramer and what makes him an exemplary business leader here.
Introduced by Christopher M. Connor
Introducing Richard Kramer was Christopher M. Connor, the Executive Chairman of the Sherwin-Williams Company. Connor joined the Sherwin-Williams Company in 1983 and became the CEO in October 1999. He was appointed the chairman in April 2000, and was the president from July 2005 to October 2006.